Friday, December 12, 2008

Procrastination, Anticipation, and Gyration

Okay so no body's gyrating, and certainly these hips are firmly planted in my desk swivel chair, but it really spices up the header, don't you think? Like some buttoned-up preacher from footloose should talk about how scandalous and unholy it makes this post. And how Kevin Bacon's gonna have sexy food blog and dancing anyway! Well the other two are true because i have been procrastinating at work all day (*cough* week) and now there's only an hour left a work and I am feeling guilty for delaying said project and still dragging my feet (hence me posting now). However the anticipation is for my lovely college roomie and bff to arrive at my apartment from st louis JUST as I am getting home so we can hit up no less than 4 parties this evening. Yes four. Tomorrow's a big day too. Does this weekend have fun written all over it or what? Speaking of fun, Jaclyn came over last night and I made her the above food (recreated the shot for when i had more after she left, it was still that good!) The pizza was modeled after the veggie pizza served at the flying saucer. Emily made a version of it for me one time too (shout out, oh haaay). I used WW pita rounds, covered with low fat cream cheese. I sprinkled it with diced poblano peppers and put kalamato olives, artichoke hearts, red onion slices, and spinach on top. MAGNIFICO. I put it in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 (although you could totally eat it cold just as deliciously).
Then I made an instant frozen yogurt. I used a recipe from eating well with had frozen peaches, peach schnapps, yogurt, vanilla, and a lot of sugar. super delicious. except now i have an enormous thing of peach schnapps that i'm trying to figure out what i'm going to do with... anyone have any good cocktail recipes for this? note to self: branch out from beer more often than to make frozen yogurt.


And finally for your viewing pleasure is a magnet on my fridge (i heart art, i heart magnets, i heart shoes... be still my heart for a combo of the three of them) There is a super cute saying about shoes on the magnet, but you'll have to use your imagination since I can't read it at the moment nor can I remember what it says. I think it says Lauren: stop being a moron and procrastinating so you can get home and wear fun shoes for the evening.