Friday, October 10, 2008

Twice in one day? What is this... Heaven?

No... it's Iowa (pause for laughter..... Field of Dreams anyone?.. no?) Okay so yes it seems a bit redundant to write again, but lunch was so delicous that i wanted to share it with the world.... even if part of it was from a frozen dinner making me a VERY uncreative attempted foodie. Between putting gas in the tank, running to the airport, running to the bookstore (and having zero luck there), and dropping my out-of-towner off at my apartment I just grabbed whatever was in the freezer.

I had sort of forgotten that I had made this recipe from Heidi Swanson, she strikes twice in one day! It seemed a little bland to me (maybe i like lots of extra things floating around in my soup) so I added copious amounts of S&P. This is no fault of the recipe's though, and next time I will use broth instead of water for more flavor. Also because I am uncoordinated and clumsy I dropped my blender as I was unloading the dishwasher which resulted in a monster crack. BOO. This means no yummy soups as it gets chilly outside and no yummy smoothies even though I just perfected my favorite recipe. boooooooo. My mini food processor is the light of my life, but too small in capacity to handle lots of liquids. boo boo boo. (i guess pricey blender goes on the target list next to bamboo steamer, huh?)

Anyway the soup today tasted amazing. I don't know if it had extra time for the flavors to blend as a leftover, or if it was because i was seconds away from gnawing my arm off in ravenous hunger. On the side I had this little Vegan Kashi hot pocket. It was delicous but for the price and the size I think I will be trying to make my own version. (because i am not a baker, this may prove difficult.. we'll see)

So many fun weekend guests and activities I want to run out of my office, jump in my car, and peel out in the parking lot as I leave. For the sake of not losing my job in this recession, I will just wait it out until 5pm.