Friday, January 30, 2009

Feeling flexible

Okay not this flexible, although this picture did make my morning. How cool is this? BCBG, a brand I love despite that I sort of can't afford it, (think triple digits for all clothing/shoes/accessories). They send me emails a few times a week. Actually I get emails from the merriam webster word of the day (today was 'garble'); the urban dictionary.com (hilarious and ghetto, earlier this week was 'land in on the hudson' as in when trying to do something well), and a few other less notable auto-emails that more or less get dumped into my junk mail. But I digress, the picture made me think of the fabulous yoga i did last night, and reminiscing a bit the 'ol flexible cheerleading days. Get me a fan and I am trying this bad boy at home. Kudos BCBG.
It almost makes up for the email they sent me last week about how excited they were that Dakota Fanning was wearing one of their dresses. Seriously? All I can think of is Amy Poehler doing the 'Dakota Fanning' show on SNL where she was an overgrown child actor that was awkwardly transitioning from her LimitedToo days... This is what I'm to aspire to be? Party foul BCBG. Party foul.
On to my eats! So in perusing the giant cookbook that is the internet, I came across a unique recipe that I had nearly all the ingredients for (high five!).
Lentil-Almond Stir Fry (Heidi Swanson, 100 cookbooks)
  • Lentils
  • Potatoes
  • Almonds
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Dates
  • Yogurt
  • Mint
  • Peppers

    This was actually pretty good. I was intrigued by the ingredients (and I've been meaning to do things with lentils) they sound kind of weird together, but were really good. I halved Heidi's recipe, used regular yogurt and a more mild pepper. Also I had previously lukewarm feelings towards brussel sprouts. Since I'd only had the steamed, wet and yucky kind previously, grilling made them a thousand times more appealing. Duly noted.
Tonight I am leaving after work for a FAM filled weekend (yay!) watching my sister's game tonight, Grandma's birthday tomorrow, Aunt's Wedding Shower on Sunday and a mere 12 hours in the car. I am SO excited to see everyone and am wishing the day away already.
Happy weekend friends! :)