Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bun-anas

My bffs at work (can I keep calling the gofugyourself girls that? I laugh with/at them all day at work, therefore they are my work friends).. made yet another Harry Potter reference today. LOVE them. Except in the very same post, they dissed a hair pulled back scenario that is very reminiscent of the look I was going for with my bun today. Yes a bun, which is making an appearance on my scalp for the first time since I wore srunchies around it and wanted to be a ballerina. I am thinking they would have a carefrontation with me (kind of like in college when my friends had an sat me down and talked to me about how I needed to NOT wear my red leather coat with everything every time we went out) anyway the fug girls would tell me about my face being all stretched and marmish and how my widows peak canNOT handle it.



Or just try to pull the bun out like John did when I saw him this evening. Actions speak so loud sometimes.

The above picture is the HEAVEN i experienced once I was home from class: huge sweatpants, stripey slippers, a little light reading, gorgonzola pizza, an AWESOME $1 place mat from walmart which is quickly helping me learn the order of the presidents (I'm so challenging my dad the next time I am home, a previous nerdy record holder in this category), and a lovely birthday painted wineglass from my birthday twin/aunt/godmother/the family's next bride!

The pizza was from an instant pizza mix (no wheat... boo) with sliced portabella mushrooms, red onions, roasted red peppers and crumbled gorgonzola pieces. I didn't use a rolling pin, which showed.... considering the shape of the pizza was inadvertently resembling the continental United States. (i sampled Maine while it was still warm, and it was delicious). I forgot how blah I am about pizzas without any sauce. Note to self for next time. However.... look how steady my hands were to take the close up picture. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.