Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Holly Jolly Christmas

It's a hard act to follow Bill Clinton.  Just ask W  (I kid I kid).  But my holidays were lovely, filled with family, friends and food.  As if there is more to life.

One of my hilarious college friends had her 30th birthday party.  The theme was the death of her twenties.  I did a terrible job of keeping the secret that I was bringing surprise guests in from St Louis, San Francisco, Washington DC, and Bowling Green KY.


There were at least two dozen of my college girlfirends in town, all dressed in black and laughing and dancing to all our old favorite songs.  It was my everything.  My mom even took an old handkerchief of my dad's, added lace and had it monogrammed with the birthday girl's name. It was a hilarious prop. 

Dirty Christmas Cookies

Dirty as in graphic decoration, not as in dropped on the floor.

And introducing Emily to the movie white Christmas.  I think she especially loved when I sang all the parts and told her what was going to happen before it happened. 


There was also holiday gift crafting.

Scrabble played via ipad/iphone

 What you see is brother about to totally give up.. Mwahahahahh

There was fancy experimental food

Like Pumpkin Fondue. 
  • Pumpkin
  • Gruyere Cheese
  • Bacon
  • crusty bread
  • Heavy Cream

Unhealthy. Delicious.

A Tacky Sweater Tapas party for the fam.

Ridiculousness

And finally figuring out the camera timer.  It's a delicate balance.


Happy New Year!