Monday, March 23, 2009

One Lucky Girl - CHICAGO recap

I love chicago... but like anything it's not where you are, but who you're with that makes all the difference. I had a productive work week in the windy city.. one SUPER FUN weekend, and now I am struggling to sift through the voicemails and emails (and school work and MASSIVE to do list (can we say taxes?)) ...... But it was all so fun! For eating, I gave myself a few birthday Mulligans. For work I had crab one night (in addition to the scallop indiscretion I mentioned in the previous post) and then I had a awesomely Delicious corn dog from a famous late night street spot in chicago on saturday night. So much for subtlety, eh? I knew traveling would throw a crimp in my dietary restrictions anyway. Part of me is annoyed with myself about not following my commitment to the letter... and the other part of me says diet mentality is bad news and this will keep me from drowning in junk on easter, no? Anyway, no pictures of food... but lots of pictures of fun :)
Seeing the sights during the week.

Once all the girls arrived we were SO READY for fun! The hotel lobby got to witness the excessive shrieking, hugging, laughing and generally making a spectacle. Friday night included some of the 'ol sorority bar games. We went to a greek bar, that was pretending to be an irish pub (i'm just saying, they played greek music), that was still decorated in St Pat's garb. YESS!


Lincoln Park Zoo

Making the pilgrimage to Harpo studios. (close to our hotel)
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshe's every woman!

Deep dish chicago pizza (veggie with spinach for oomph)

A fancy night out that included lots of swanky bars, live music, dancing, dancing, DANCING
red carpets



MORE dancing


Isn't it amazing how obnoxious you can be (singing, dancing, in general being hilarious) when you have complete anonymity in a random city?



Best birthday ever. My friends fussed over me and the fact they were willing to come from California, Kentucky, and MO to have a fun birthday weekend with me makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.



Now I am making grocery lists (in addition to my other to-do lists for work, school, home, etc.) and am READY to be making my own healthy natural meals again.
See you later this week!