Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lauren O'cheater pants

That's right. I did it. I strayed from the strict veg regimen I was to be on for the duration of Lent. Today. My Birthday. I had two scallops. The restaurant wasn't so veg friendly, and I had them take the bacon grease out of the sauce (which yes sounds gross, and yes, also sounds like it might be wickedly delicious). I have been pretty good about being only veg and have truley been enjoying it... but a girl only turns 26 once... right?? Today I was working at a trade show all day, and though my co-workers fussed over me (cards, singing, excessive mentioning of it being my birthday.... all of which i LOVED), it just wasn't the same as the usual love-fest, reunion, green beer binging days of my youth. Join me, in reminiscing the good 'ol parade debauchery days. Please note, the following pictures are to be browsed whilst singing (or humming) 'Through the Years' by Kenny Rogers: I can't remember when you weren't there

When I didn't care for anyone but you

I swear we've been through everything there is

Can't imagine anything we've missedCan't imagine anything the two of us can't do

Through the years, you've never let me down

You turned my life around, the sweetest days I've found

I've found with you ... Through the yearsI've never been afraid,

I've loved the life we've made

And I'm so glad I've stayed, right here with you

Through the

I can't remember what I used to do
Who I trusted, who I listened to before
I swear you taught me everything I know
Can't imagine needing someone soBut through the years it seems to me
I need you more and more


Through the years, through all the good and bad
I KNOW how much we had, I've always been so glad
To be with you ... Through the yearsIt's better every day, you've kissed my tears away
As long as it's okay, I'll stay with you
Through the years

OH St Patrick's Day... you complete me. I hope everyone had a fabulous day!