Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Smartest Post Yet

Helloooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm not even going to apologize for not having food stories/pictures/etc. I'm not going to apologize for the ridiculous amounts of decadent or greasy food that came my way (or cookies, hello). I graduated this weekend. And life is good. And now.... a photo montage.

check the fancy hood in the back of the master's gown. BTW.... master's sleeves make awesome hand puppets. I'm pretty sure that's what they're there for. I'm also pretty sure two degrees doesn't make you any more mature.


The lovely people in my life willing to sit through a ceremony in a stuffy auditorium with random groups of people making jerry springer-esque whoops and cat calls every few minutes.


The next day... PAR..TAY. Best cookie aunt EVA. sent some flair. love love love Aunt Theresa's cookies. Despite the fact that she put cookies for my sister in there too for hilarity. grrrrrr.


The other graduate and myself (except she's actually finished... ahem).


The first good picture John and I have taken since 2004. Family came! Shout out to the FABULOUS relatives from Iowa (and mid-mo) that came all the way for the event... (esp. grandma and aunt anne!!!! :) If I haven't mentioned it before, I have a pretty amazing family!
Friends came too. (one was in town from Alaska!).
And last... but certainly not least... the party came. oh yeah. hello half-robot dance i love.

This is the first Sunday night in two years that I don't have homework (okay, gross exaggeration, but whatever). Which means in addition to being in a general recovery state, I have been using the ivillage haircut finder. I get my haircut Thursday. Any ideas?
Man.... I can't wait to use all of my higher education to whip up something this week ( see what i did there? tying everything in?)
Secrest Out.