Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Getting my hair did and business as usual

I've probably mentioned how important philanthropy is to me. It's all about the little people... and the children. The sick, the elderly, the list of people not allowed in the hot tub, etc. etc.

So obviously the reason I wasn't around to cook this weekend was for all of my charitable cancer pub crawling.


Last week I did make a baked eggplant parmish dish (minus any breading, frying, etc.. it was mostly just homemade sauce and mozz cheese).


I sliced and rinsed the eggplant, salted and drained for 30 minutes. Like PRO I might add. Then I made a homemade spaghetti sauce using the following:


  • tiny can tomato sauce

  • regular can crushed tomatoes

  • 2 Tablespoons-ish of chopped Kalamato Olives

  • Mushrooms (the rest of the gourmet mix from the martha disaster last week)

  • Zucchini

  • lots of italian seasoning

  • some crushed red pepper

I'm no mathmatician but that = awesome


(HA .. i kill me)


I baked it for an indeterminante amount of time and a few minutes before taking it out I dangerously stuck my hand in the oven (forgetting that I have been accident prone to ovens for about 26 years now) and narrowly missed burning off my had for melting cheese.



It would've been worth it... it was delicous (had it with LOTS of corn on the cob and steamed kale... btw... steamed kale, kind of bleh).




Also I CUT 12 INCHES OFF OF MY HAIR ON THURSDAY. DO YOU WANT ME TO STOP SHOUTING? Whew. Alright i guess there was sort of a spoiler in the CFC pics above. So.. I have no idea what the heck to do with it. Regret is a strong word, because I love short hair... but I am clueless. On the other hand, bobby pins and I have become bery good friends over the last week or so.


Oh yeah, and I'm in CHICAGO all week (YAY).. except I'm just working and not really being cool (boooo). Hope you're week is awesome sauce, or as homegirl brooke would say, BOSSY.


love your faces