Monday, November 24, 2008

It's not your beauty, it's your bootie

What a fabulous weekend in the STL! :) I got to spend some QT with some of the most wonderful people I know, all of whom I see very little of these days.... making weekends like this the highlight of my life.

I also got my first christmas present. I wouldn't call myself scrooge-like (except maybe when Susan Lucci did that scrooge movie, she was pretty fabulous)... but I am pretty anti-christmas (decorations, music, etc.) for all things pre-thanksgiving. However the gift of shoes can put anyone in a joyous and festive spirit, no? Behold the reason for the season '08 : my new booties. *dreamy sigh*

But back to the party, we were so prepared for the evening (fully charged camera and all) and I walked away with just a handful of pictures, and zero group shots. dang it. However I did manage to snag one with two of my besties.
In other news for dinner the other night (..with traveling and drinking there are massive amounts of food on the go, and going out to eat delicious and unhealthy things) I decided to make something Vegan. This yummy zucchini did not disappoint.

Zucchini Boats: (from vegesphere)
  • zucchini
  • gala apple
  • onion
  • toasted bread
  • seasoning
  • pinch sea salt
  • pinch pepper
  • chopped walnuts

deeeeeeeeeeeeee-- lish

Happy Thanksgiving week peeps! I cannot wait to spend tons of time with the family and completely over-do it on mashed potatoes :)