Monday, October 31, 2011

They call me Doctor Love

So the day of Emily’s wedding, I woke up alert and with the BEST idea ever.  Did it come to me in a dream? A prophecy? That’s so Raven? Oh Snap?!

When I saw the bride I immediately said “ I know you have a lot on your mind right now, but I know what we’re doing for Halloween.”  Unfortunately we couldn’t talk about it at length, what with Emily having matrimony and veil placement on her brain. More on that pretty day here.

Meanwhile three months later and a few trips to the craft store, this epic group costume came to life, behold the masters of rock:

IMG_5463

The spaceman, demon and star child.  Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss!

My $6 silver leggings from ebay/korea came in the ta-da nick of time, which helped.  My tiny F21 dress was easy to sew fabric strips to, except for the three hours I wasted trying to make shoulder things stand upright like the actual Ace Frehley spaceman costume.  I gave up and went with epaulets.

But you wouldn’t even know from my expression.  I am the very picture of happiness.

IMG_5452

It was a fun costume.  Although smiling didn’t look quite right and NOT smiling always looked so menacing.

IMG_5470

Emily’s husband was a groupie.

IMG_5464

She made herself a cape and a prosthetic tongue (on a stick) since her natural tongue extension would shame Gene Simmons.

IMG_5457

It was a hysterical night.  I love Halloween!

IMG_5458