I even tried calling my mother (the master) to whine about how the triangle thingy wouldn't fit into the blade squarish thing. Clearly, her direction to me was limited. She probably thought she tought me as a toddler with the whole round hole square peg thing. Her mistake.
Good thing I found the manual... and made some GLORIOUS chips. Those are sweet potato and russets. Holler.
I made Ellie Krieger's Cracked Pepper chips/dip
- Greek Yogurt (I just used regular strained)
- carmelized onions
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- S&P baby
I also threw some cucumber slices and some baked red peppers with laughing cow cheese on them. All of this was for the benefit of my friend Mallory, who was in town saturday for a bachelorette party but was alllllllllll QT with me Friday :) She called me Suzy homemaker and I felt so accomplished.Other highlights of the weekend include:
- walking around the plaza shops with my BF
- loading up at the half priced book store (4 for $15... whoop whoop!)
- cajun food
- dance party with some random hilarious horrible middle aged dancers at the irish bar... where they were covering katy perry
- wearing some new leopard print heels. RARRRR
- meeting up with Mallory's bachelorette party (several were sorority sisters a few years younger than yours truley) were the bride insisited John and I be at the wedding. What can I say... we're pretty invitable.
- catching up on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episodes via hulu
- taking advantage of the ridiculously nice weather to visit the zoo, and my friends.
Mr. Leopard.... who was giving us love growls the whole time. He'd probably make a pretty great housecat... or shoes.Mr. Kangaroo who was just hopping all over. Apparently there are no fences in that section of the zoo and they can get up close and personal. Nice. And the baby Joey (oh that's right, i totally made uncle Joey Full House jokes). Just looking at those pouches makes me wish I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt.
- provolone cheese (i made the cheese counter guy give me two slices)
- portobello cap
- red pepper
not too shabby! I had it on a sandwhich thin.
That's all folks! Hope everyone had a great weekend!