Friday, May 20, 2011

Dessert Deception

 

Much like Lane Kim, I have a natural knack for subterfuge.  Okay not really, I am a terrible liar. However I did sneak tofu into pudding and fooled at least one person.  Victory is mine!

I made ELR Jenna’s recipe, the one I totally meant to do over Thanksgiving (clearly, I am on top of my to-do list). 

Vegan Chocolate Tofu Pudding:

  • Bag of Chocolate Chips
  • Chocolate milk (this could be chocolate soymilk, but since I only wanted 1/2 cup I opted to spent $3 less for the cow’s milk kid size version)
  • Silken Tofu
  • vanilla extract

IMG_0731

Melt chocolate in double boiler, add other ingredients, whirl in the blender to smooth, refrigerate for at least an hour, do your best evil villain laugh in your head as you present it to others. 

like this:

The occasion was Emily’s sweatshop to assemble her wedding invitations.  I purposely blurred the picture as not to give away what the invitations look like.  That or my hands shake and I was using my iphone.  One or the other.

IMG_0735

I’ll admit, even I was skeptical of the pudding.  Turns out, it was delicious.  Natalie and her husband are ranchers, they have high non-tofu standards when it comes to food.  The verdict? I’m making this again.  Healthy and delicious.  Can I get an Amen?

IMG_0734

Natalie’s dinner was unbelievable.  We had Steak Asparagus Chimichurri Salad.  What the heck is chimichurri sauce? That’s what I said.  She found it on a blog via the Pioneer Women.  Also Natalie has a blog for her ranch: Natalieheartshorsesandstuff.  That’s not its name, but it should be.  Also Brittanie has a blog too.  High five for tech savvy ladies. (not you Emily, go sit in the corner).

IMG_0732

This was awesome.

IMG_0733  

That salad was good too.  Looking and tasting.  You’ll have to take my word for it on both accounts.

200+ invitations ready.  Check!