Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Souperman!

Hmmm..... Do I enjoy dancing to and singing along with my favorite novelty rap song and feature urbandictionary.com entry MORE than I enjoy making and consuming delicous and seasonal soups? Toss up.
During the past couple of school days I managed to pull together some semi-notable eats (for the purposes of this blog anyway), beginning with breakfast. Simple, yes, but considering there was no Count chocula, Cookie Crisp, microwaving or toy at the bottom of said chosen breakfast, I thought I would share. No idea why the picture below is vertical (attempted to fix, with little luck), feel free to turn your head for the full effect.

I had tomato/dill/scrambled eggs. I could list the ingredients but that pretty much says it all, doesn't it? I used 1 egg and 1 egg white with a bit of water. Super easy, yummy and healthy. Because I love avocado more than life itself (yes i realize it's super fatty, but it's a fruit, if I get fat from eating fruit then there really might not be a god)... anyway I had a slice of WW bread, toasted, with avocado spread on top. perfection :)

Hi, my name is lauren.. hi lauren... and I'm addicted to corn. Seriously, I freaking love that stuff.

Simple Corn Soup: (Ellie Krieger)
  • corn
  • milk (i used 2% instead of soy, because it was in the fridge and because I wanted it extra creamy)
  • onion
  • bell pepper
  • zucchini
  • veggie broth
  • tomatoes
  • S&P
  • fresh basil

Blend 2 cups corn and the milk. make sure to thaw the corn if using frozen... otherwise you end up with a corn smoothie like I did. Gross. I do not love corn that much. Sautee Veggies (minus tomato) in skillet with EVOO, then add additional corn and broth until boiling. Then add the pureed milk/corn mixture until heated through. Cut basil strips until you have a glamour shot with garnish like pictured below.

School is OUT for the week, to which I say, happy hump day. It's raining and if kickball is cancelled (yes, i'm terrible for hoping/planning for this again but i'm a terrible player and i get to have a life on one more week day = big deal for this guy) then I'm making dinner for dad, which is certain to give me plenty about which to write/photograph.