Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fruit in unexpected places

 

We are like way overdue for a food post around here.  Since I have been hosting my college roomie while she’s in town, I thought it might be nice to make a departure from the on-the-go less than healthy options we’ve had lately.  Serendipitously, this month’s SELF magazine had several lovely fruit-in-regular-food recipes from which to choose.  Seriously: cherry chili, curried plum stir fry, the list goes on.  This particular one struck my fancy (i.e. was the easiest).

IMG_5252

Fish Tacos with Strawberry Salsa (from SELF Magazine).

  • Cod (oven cooked)
  • Tortillas
  • Cabbage
  • Strawberries
  • Chives
  • Lemon & seasoning
  • Jalapeños (I used poblanos because I’m a wimp, but totally should have gone for the bigger kick)
  • Dashes of sour cream.  Raise your hand if you’re addicted to dairy.

It was good food and made good times with two of my favorite gals (hi Bowler and crazy Amy) joining.

Sidebar: how awesome is it that strawberries are like a dollar a pint right now?